When the time comes for us to move out, we often need to ensure we have a nice, clean place left behind us. This is a very important part of the process, as it is necessary to complete if you want to get your security deposit back. No matter what location you are around the world, this is a timeless, constant rule that needs to be followed if you want to go on with your life. Chances are that despite careful habitation, there will still be a good amount of traces of said life, so you will need to have the property cleaned with either the services of a professional cleaning company or a similar cleaning solution.
There are a few things that need to be considered as you move on with such a task:
- Carpets and rugs will be one of the first things that become worn and dirty, so they will need to be cleaned first of all things, especially if the carpeting was part of the home or apartment in the first place. Carpeting will often take up an entire room, which means more high traffic areas will have more wear and tear and will need special attention and carpet cleaning to refresh and make them feel and look better.
- The kitchen is also another important place that needs work, with kitchen cleaning, oven cleaning and the fridge being a trinity that needs to be dealt with as soon as possible. You will need to ensure you have disinfected and wiped down all surfaces around the kitchen, which includes floors, windows, wall tiles and all other smaller aspects of the cleaning job that need to be done. You will also need to ensure you have a nice, clean sink, free of limescale and worse.
- If you rented a fully furnished home, then the shelves and drawers will need to be emptied out, cleaned and freed of any personal possessions before you move on to the next step. You will need to complete this as well since the new tenants won’t like seeing any remaining items of your own.
- There are certain locations easily missed by tenants, as they will gather dirt and dust and they need to be cleaned as well. The washing machine powder drawers, trash bins and more are relatively hard to reach and clean well, but they cannot be ignored. You will need to pay attention to them as well if you want to complete your end of tenancy cleaning job.
- If the bedroom had a bed which was part of the original deal, the mattresses will need to be completely cleaned as well before the tenants can move in. Turning this around should be your first step, followed by vacuuming the area clean as you work. Don’t forget to clean the window ledges as well as the blinds around every room.
- Make sure you also work on cleaning the windows on the inside and outside, using whatever glass cleaner you believe works well and a squeegee.
For more ideas click here.