Insert your text and upload images
Forget about all cleaning products occupying unnecessary space under the sink, which are also harmful for your skin and budget. You hold in your own refrigerator one of the most powerful cleaning products, which smells very nice and is completely natural - the lemon.
The reason many products contain lemon is not because of its fresh scent, but the acid. Use the lemon as following and you will rediscover the lemon not only as a food source but also as Mr Magic Cleaner for the whole house.
Here are some useful tricks in the kitchen as the fresh smell is very important for your appliances and kitchenware.
1. Microwave: Let’s clean the microwave! Put some lemon crust in a bowl with water and microwave it on high up to 5 - 7 min until it boils and covers the walls of the microwave in lemony condensation. Then let it cool down for 3 min, then remove the bowl and wipe it with a cloth or kitchen towel. If you don’t fancy lemon smell, you can use also vinegar with water.
2. Refrigerator: You can get rid of stale refrigerator smell when you put in it a lemon slice with water or lemon cut in half.
3. Lunch or food (plastic) boxes: We all know how hard it is to clean the plastic box properly of food leftovers but with lemon it is very easy to get rid of the annoying problem with the same mixture you use in the bathroom – lemon juice and baking soda.
4. Kitchenware: All glass surfaces can be easily cleaned with 1 litre of lemon juice mixed with ½ litre of water. To clean the cutlery - dip half a lemon in a little salt before rubbing - when it comes to brass, copper and chromium, no method its good enough to clean your old but favourite pot. Lemons have a very high acid content, which helps to penetrate deeply and to clean completely all darkened patches on the appliances.
5. Doing the dishes: If you have run out of washing liquid or simply are not satisfied with it just cut a lemon in half, sprinkle it with baking soda and use it instead of a sponge. You will notice how the acid literally melts the grease away, leaving your dishes clean and shiny .
6. Washing: If you like the smell of lemon and want a strong disinfectant for your dirty clothes, all you have to do is add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the detergent and you will get a wonderful scent coming from the washing machine .
7. Polishing all furniture: Spray a mix of 1 tbs olive oil and 2 tbs lemon juice on microfibre cloth. This natural mixture not only clean the dust, but also protects from re-layering. Attention! Never spray it directly to your furniture! Use a microfibre cloth for that!
8. A unique recipe for Homemade all purpose cleaner: For this amazing concoction mix equal amounts of water and vinegar and add the following: 5-10 drops of tea tree oil; 5-10 drops of essential oil of lavender; 5-10 drops of essential oil of lemon .
9. The all purpose cleaner can be used on almost everything in your kitchen/dining area - quickly wiping tables and chairs, kitchen cupboards, work tops, blinds, refrigerator, walls and more.
But the magic does not end here....
Make your bathroom appliances as brand new: To clean the taps you just need to slice a lemon in half and rub the metal surface and leaving it to work at night. In the morning simply wash it away. For the rest of the bathroom (toilet, sink, bath ) just mix lemon juice with baking soda and the bathroom will shine.
And all that can be made possible only with one truly brilliant ingredient - the lemon. Save some money on lots of different chemical cleaning products by getting the best solution for your housework and treat yourself to a new haircut or some deserved spa relaxation. Just clear out enough space in the fridge and you are good to go!